Monday, April 30, 2012

The Adventures of Skull Boy and Water Baby...

I'm going to write a series of poems predominantly about two characters, Skull Boy and Water Baby, (who are based on a couple I saw at the Rites of Passage Tattoo and Art Festival, which I'll post about in a few days). Here are the first few poems, they're in a kind of an order. I haven't worked it fully out yet, maybe you can make your own.







And that inspired me to write this one....

Missing you
is writing bad-love poems
with a pick-up line magnetic poetry set
on an empty fridge.








Well I hope that gave you some enjoyment! Please feel free to critique the poems, it is always helpful to know what people think doesn't work.
as always, h xx

1 comment:

  1. I like them, but you will need to set up a dialogue so the reader can follow who is speaking which poem - that way you're actually beginning to give us a story to follow. I wanted to know, for example, who wrote your heart/is only one/lost/organ. How you do that is up to you - you can do it in the title or just start with one poem that's obviously by one character and make sure that the next poem 'answers' their poem...there are lots of different ways. For now, just write the poems, have fun with them and keep posting them!

    ReplyDelete